There are more than 130 changes coming to the Residential Tenancies Act by the 29 March 2021. These changes will have a massive impact on the way we manage properties, but they will also have a big effect on Residential Rental Providers & Renters.
We need to be adequately prepared for the changes to ensure we all remain compliant and we give the correct advice to our clients.
This session will give you tools and information to get prepared for the upcoming changes. It is not as scary as you think!
- Understand the implications of the proposed changes to the Residential Tenancies Act
- Workshop ideas about the changes and what you can do as an agent to prepare your clients
- Learn about the process that was undertaken to get to this stage and what needs to be done for implementation of the new legislation by no later than the 29th March 2021
- Discuss information contained in the Residential Tenancies Amendment Bill 2018 and the Regulatory Impact Statement and what their effects will be
- Understand the role of Consumer Affairs Victoria and go through the guides and fact sheets relating to the changes
- Learn where to find the relevant information so you can stay ahead of the changes
The review timeline:
- November 2019 – Consultation on the changes opened to the public
- December 2019 – Consultation on the changes closed to the public
- December 2019 to April 2020 – Review of the submissions and finalise the regulations
- May 2020 – New Regulations available to view (Postponed due to COVID)
- March 2021 – New Regulations come into effect
Who should attend
This training is for anyone who wants to be prepared for the changes and it will suit all levels of experience.
Event bookings are processed online via credit-card or PayPal via PayPal.
Once your booking is complete, our webinar software, Zoom, will confirm your payment with a webinar link and calendar links.
For any questions related to bookings, please contact us directly.
- Tuesday 29th September | 9:30am to 1:00pm
- $149.00 per person