During this course, we will navigate our way from the beginning to the end of going to VCAT. Through documentation & correct preparation, we will discuss the methods that give us a much higher chance of receiving successful outcomes at hearings.
This information packed session will cover the process of serving a notice, applying for a hearing, preparing for the case, presenting at the hearing and what to do to finalise the debt. We will also look at current legislation and outcomes in the annotated RTA.
- learn how the correct preparation and documentation can mean the difference between winning and losing a case at VCAT
- learn how to complete the summary of proofs and how to put together a case file correctly in order to have the best chance to win the case
- learn how to correctly conduct yourself during the hearing
- learn how VCAT views depreciation and how to calculate the cost of repairs that a tenant might be required to pay
- take away tips and tricks on how to enforce orders and get your clients paid following VCAT decisions
- gain a greater knowledge and understanding of the VCAT process and understand why VCAT makes certain decisions
- look at VCAT online and learn how to correctly serve notices and apply for a hearing
- gain a solid understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act and VCAT Legislation
During this session you will not only increase your knowledge of VCAT you will get to network with other industry professionals.
Who should attend
This training is suitable for all levels of experience, from the beginner to the advanced Property Manager. This session will include morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea.
Event bookings are processed online via credit-card through a third-party system, “Trybooking”. Please note that American Express payments will incur a 1.1% surcharge.
Once your booking is complete, Trybooking will confirm your payment with a link to a tax invoice. Trybooking will also send some information from Mitchell PT, however, if you do not receive this email, please check your junk or spam email folders.
For any questions related to bookings, please contact us directly.
- Tuesday 16th July | 9:45am to 4:00pm
- Italian Sports Club of Werribee, 601 Heaths Road, Werribee
- $250 per person, including morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea
- Bookings close at 12pm on Monday 15th July