This PM Workshop has been created to give you a greater understanding of many topics that effect you in your role.
We will cover topics such as:
The upcoming changes to the RTA. The Victorian Parliament has passed the Residential Tenancies Amendment Bill 2018, which includes more than 130 reforms designed to increase protection for renters, whilst ensuring those who provide rental housing can still effectively manage their properties. The problem with the changes is that it is very one-sided in favour of the Tenants, or at least that is what Owners and Agents think!
VCAT – Applications and Notices and how to understand the legislation that governs our roles.
Conflict Resolution and how to deal with difficult situations.
An update on the current situation with Drugs in Rental Properties and what we can do to stay safe.
- Understand the implications of the proposed changes to the Residential Tenancies Act
- Workshop ideas about the major changes and what you can do as an agent to prepare your owners and your agency for the changes
- Know how to address owners concerns about what effect the changes will have on their investment in the future
- Learn about the process that was undertaken to get to this stage and what needs to be done for implementation of the new legislation
- Discuss how CAV & VCAT will be impacted by the changes once they are introduced
- Learn about the increase of Penalty Units across the legislation and what it can cost if the legislation is not followed
- Hear from our sponsors Smarthouse about the implications of the new safety measures in relation to smoke alarms, gas compliance & drug testing in rental properties
- Learn about how to serve VCAT notices and applications correctly including understanding the relevant information
- Discuss conflict resolution techniques and workshop real life situations that you come across in your roles
- Learn about the risk of Drugs in rental properties and discuss ideas around how to avoid renting to them, how to deal with them and what to do to stay safe
This workshop has been created for you so if you want any other topics added please email email@example.com and we can add them to the agenda.
Who should attend
This training is for anyone who wants a refresher on these important topics and it will suit all levels of experience. This session will include morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and refreshments.
Event bookings are processed online via credit-card through a third-party system, “Trybooking”. Please note that American Express payments will incur a 1.1% surcharge.
Once your booking is complete, Trybooking will confirm your payment with a link to a tax invoice. Trybooking will also send some information from Mitchell PT, however, if you do not receive this email, please check your junk or spam email folders.
For any questions related to bookings, please contact us directly.
- Thursday 24th October | 10:00am to 4:30pm
- Sale Greyhound Club – Sale Showgrounds, Sale Maffra Road, Sale
- $250.00 per person, including morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea
- Bookings close at 12pm on Wednesday 23rd October