Our passion is delivering training that is innovative, relevant & useful. We have run sessions from Bendigo to Launceston and everywhere in between.
People are always asking us for more training. They want to share our sessions with their colleagues.
Although we only advertise our public training sessions, we are frequently visiting individual agencies and corporate offices.
Our most popular public sessions of are listed on this page. These are our standard, pre-written courses which we have delivered in our organised events and these sessions have also had the best feedback and the most requests. These sessions can be delivered to your team as they are but we can also alter or create sessions based on your needs.
And if you need your own training material, we can create it or work with you to help you develop it.
If you would like to discuss what we can do for you and your team, please contact us anytime.
VCAT from beginning to end including documentation, preparation, presentation and methods for success.
The importance of building a quality rent roll, a 12 month marketing plan, and listing techniques with scripts & dialogues.
Own the numbers (rent roll value and fees). Engage with scripts and dialogues. Deliver a roadmap for new clients and growth.
BDM for PM
Stress unfortunately comes with the job in our profession. Good time management can be the difference between sanity and insanity
VCAT is a very complex subject and is governed by many rules and regulations.
During this course we will navigate our way from the beginning to the end of going to VCAT. Through documentation & correct preparation, we will discuss the methods that give us a much higher chance of receiving successful outcomes at hearings. We will also have a look at some previous cases and create and present a mock VCAT hearing. Useful checklists will also be provided.
- learn how the correct preparation and documentation can mean the difference between winning and losing a case at VCAT
- learn how to complete the summary of proofs and how to put together a case file correctly in order to have the best chance to win the case
- learn how to correctly conduct yourself during the hearing
- learn how VCAT views depreciation and how to calculate the cost of repairs that a tenant might be required to pay
- take away tips and tricks on how to enforce orders and get your clients paid following VCAT decisions
Benefits of attending this course:
- Participants will gain a greater knowledge and understanding of why VCAT makes certain decisions
- Participants will gain confidence to conduct themselves at VCAT and present a more organized and professional case
- Participants will gain a solid understanding of the Act and Legislation that govern roles of all involved
This session has been written for Property Managers and heads of departments.
During this session we will learn the importance of building a quality rent roll, we will learn our worth and the difference that cutting fees makes to the value of the business. We will discuss how we deal with unprofitable clients by using a simple scoring system and will discuss successful techniques to increase fees for existing clients. We will create your ‘Customer Persona’ by looking at real statistics for your area and using this new information we will create a 12 month marketing plan for your office. Finally we will focus on listing techniques and scripts & dialogues to overcome common objections that we face every day. And yes there may also be some role playing!
- Understand the value of the rent roll and the dollar value of every property that is listed
- Learn how to identify ‘those clients’ who take up 80% of your time and deliver 20% of income
- Unlock data for your area and create your ‘Customer Persona’ profile, learn who your clients really are
- Create a list of marketing ideas to match your ideal customer profile
- Gain confidence with listing presentations by effective scripts & dialogues and role playing
This session covers topics designed for BDMs, Directors and anyone looking for rent roll growth.
Business Development Management (BDM) is something we can all do. It is a skill that has a direct impact on our incomes and businesses whether you own the business or not. This session is for BDMs, Department Managers, Property Managers, and anyone looking to up-skill for growth. The goal of this proven training is to share ideas, techniques and industry education to assist attendees in growing their business in terms of both new clients and existing ones.
This session covers topics aligned with our title, “Own”, “Engage” and “Deliver”.
OWN – The Numbers: Rent Roll Value & Fees
Learn the value of your rent roll. Discover where your fees are coming from and uncover hidden opportunities. Understand what each client really means to you now and in the future.
ENGAGE – Scripts, Dialogues & Closing
Find your points of difference and communicate them to new business, learning listing techniques via scripts & dialogues and role playing. Topics include:
- Business Development: understanding the definition & importance
- Customer life cycle
- Office structures & growth planning
- The steps of the listing process
- Listing techniques
- Your points of difference
- Business SWOT analysis
- Role playing
DELIVER – Roadmap: New Clients & Growth
Take control of your future and develop a plan to grow a quality and sustainable business by keeping clients, finding new ones, understanding them and learning their needs. In this session we want to explore your current clients, your prospects, your strengths and your specialties to answer these questions:
- Why are your clients yours and why do they stay?
- What’s the worth of a happy client vs the worth (or cost) of an unhappy client?
- What are you doing well, and what do you want to do?
- Do you have any road blocks?
- What’s your special 1%?
Furthermore, we will improve customer service, create a 30, 60 & 90 plan and learn how to stay on track through setting real goals and targets.
Managing Time is something we all need to do. Good time management can be the difference between working normal hours or not. It can also be the difference between sanity and insanity. And stress unfortunately comes with the job in our profession – it’s unavoidable!
- energy levels – what are they and what powers YOU?
- obstacles – things that get in your way or upset your day
- stress causes – the things that cause us stress
- choke barriers – those tasks that take forever…
- time suckers – regular consumers of time: how to manage them
- ideal weeks – create your own
- managing your stress – from cause to resolution
- organised structures – how to get organised
- training plans – improve yourself and your team
- systems & procedures – organisation via regulated self-discipline
- using legislation – it can help you save time!
- conflict – how to deal with it effectively
In this session, we will talk about how your personal energy levels affect your work life, the obstacles in your day, how to manage them, and the tools and structure you can use to get both organised and efficient. We also want to use time management to manage and reduce stress. Further, we will talk about training plans and systems & procedures which can be used to get the whole team to same level plus some little tips & tricks involving communication and legislation.
Who should attend?
This session is for Property Managers, their assistants and department leaders.