Our passion is delivering training that is innovative, relevant & useful. We have run sessions all over Victoria as well as speaking at conferences and events across Australia. We love our Regional training and visiting our country friends, if you want us to visit your area please let us know.
People are always asking us for more training. They want to share our sessions with their colleagues.
Although we only advertise our public training sessions, we are frequently visiting individual agencies and corporate offices.
Our most popular public sessions of are listed on this page. These are our standard, pre-written courses which we have delivered in our organised events and these sessions have also had the best feedback and the most requests. These sessions can be delivered to your team as they are but we can also alter or create sessions based on your needs.
And if you need your own training material, we can create it or work with you to help you develop it.
If you would like to discuss what we can do for you and your team, please contact us anytime.
VCAT from beginning to end including documentation, preparation, presentation and methods for success.
The importance of building a quality rent roll, a 12 month marketing plan, and listing techniques with scripts & dialogues.
The Victorian Parliament has passed the Residential Tenancies Amendment Bill 2018 which include more than 130 reforms!
Changes to the RTA
Stress unfortunately comes with the job in our profession. Good time management can be the difference between sanity and insanity
VCAT is a very complex subject and is governed by many rules and regulations.
During this course, we will navigate our way from the beginning to the end of going to VCAT. We will look at the current processes and procedures of VCAT, discuss correct preparation and documentation requirements, and look at the best practice methods that give us a much higher chance of receiving a successful outcome at hearings.
This information packed session will cover current legislation requirements, serving a notice, applying for a hearing, preparing the case, presenting at the hearing and what to do to finalise the debt. We will also look at VCAT Online plus information in the annotated Residential Tenancies Act.
- learn how the correct preparation and documentation can mean the difference between winning and losing a case at VCAT
- learn how to complete the summary of proofs and look at templated folders & checklists, a must have for every office
- learn how to correctly conduct yourself during the hearing
- learn how VCAT views depreciation and how to calculate the cost of repairs that a tenant might be required to pay
- Discuss the electronic transactions act and how VCAT views electronic service
- Discuss Airbnb in rental properties and how a VCAT decision was overturned at the Supreme Court, and the implications for Property Owners now
- take away tips and tricks on how to enforce orders and get your clients paid following VCAT decisions
- gain a greater knowledge and understanding of the VCAT process and understand why VCAT makes certain decisions
- look at VCAT online and learn how to correctly serve notices and apply for a hearing, including a recent Supreme Court ruling which now requires more detail in notices to vacates
- gain a solid understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act and VCAT Legislation
This training is suitable for all levels of experience, from the beginner to the advanced Property Manager.
Property Management is changing, clients are changing and as a result, we need to change the way we do things. Growth is not only measured in the number of properties under management it is measured in dollars.
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to identify opportunities, grow a profitable and sustainable business as well as unlock opportunities for future growth.
- Learn the value of the rent roll
- Discover your points of difference and find out what sets you apart from your competition
- Look at strategies and ideas to grow the rent roll
- Create your ‘Customer Persona’ profile to learn who your ideal client is
- Create a list of marketing ideas to match your ideal customer profile
- Gain confidence with listing presentations by effective scripts, dialogues, and role-playing
This session covers topics designed for Property Managers, BDMs, Directors and anyone looking for rent roll growth.
The Victorian Parliament has passed the Residential Tenancies Amendment Bill 2018, which includes more than 130 reforms designed to increase protection for renters, whilst ensuring those who provide rental housing can still effectively manage their properties.
The problem with the changes is that it is very one-sided in favour of the Tenants, or at least that is what Owners and Agents think…
- Understand the implications of the proposed changes to the Residential Tenancies Act
- Workshop ideas about the major changes and what you can do as an agent to prepare your owners and your agency for the changes
- Know how to address owners concerns about what effect the changes will have on their investment in the future
- Learn about the process that was undertaken to get to this stage and what needs to be done for implementation of the new legislation
- Discuss how CAV & VCAT will be impacted by the changes once they are introduced
- Learn about the increase of Penalty Units across the legislation and what it can cost if the legislation is not followed
This training is for anyone who wants to be prepared for the changes and it will suit all levels of experience.
Managing Time is something we all need to do. Good time management can be the difference between working normal hours or not. It can also be the difference between sanity and insanity. And stress unfortunately comes with the job in our profession – it’s unavoidable!
- energy levels – what are they and what powers YOU?
- obstacles – things that get in your way or upset your day
- stress causes – the things that cause us stress
- choke barriers – those tasks that take forever…
- time suckers – regular consumers of time: how to manage them
- ideal weeks – create your own
- managing your stress – from cause to resolution
- organised structures – how to get organised
- training plans – improve yourself and your team
- systems & procedures – organisation via regulated self-discipline
- using legislation – it can help you save time!
- conflict – how to deal with it effectively
In this session, we will talk about how your personal energy levels affect your work life, the obstacles in your day, how to manage them, and the tools and structure you can use to get both organised and efficient. We also want to use time management to manage and reduce stress. Further, we will talk about training plans and systems & procedures which can be used to get the whole team to same level plus some little tips & tricks involving communication and legislation.
Who should attend?
This session is for Property Managers, their assistants and department leaders.